Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC14



Are you ready for a REAL challenge?
Then you've come to the right place!

Before we get to our design inspiration, we want to thank our  
January Guest Designer  
Teresa Kline of Enjoy the VA Sunshine
for inspiring us with her fabulous designs.
Look for our next guest designer coming in February!

In the meantime, Sandi and Jules are away this week.
We should have a full house of designers back next week.

Time to break out of the comfort zone and have fun with these stunning colors.
Because we all interpret colors a bit differently and our computer screens may do the same,
the specific colors are:
orange, lilac, dusky pink, dark green & white.
Just check your stash and use what matches the best!

Let's hear Sarah's inspiration behind these fabulous colors:

"What I love about The Play Date Colour Challenge is that, through using images of the world around us, we can be inspired and challenged to try new colours in our artwork.
This week's image is of flowers in my sister's garden which won a silver gilt medal at the Royal Horticultural Society's annual show at Tatton Park in Cheshire.
I can spend hours photographing sections of her gardens, they are so amazingly put together. 
  I needed some journal time this week so decided to play with these colours.  They're not colours I am used to using together but I'm pleased with the result."

 

Here are projects from our other designers to help inspire you.....



Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window



Teresa Kline ~ Enjoy the VA Sunshine 
Guest Designer for January


The prize for this week is a $15 stamping grab bag

Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge be OUR focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.

See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT





THE CUP OF THE WEEK & FAB 4


Challenge #13 has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #13:
(in alphabetical order)

Donna ~ Paper Crows and Dragonflies
  Gayle Page-Robak ~ A Stamper's Touch
Lisa Salked ~ A Stampy & Scrappy Life
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!




and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...


 

Chris ~ Chris's Craft Room

Chris wins a $15 prize package and can proudly display the
'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.




Chris will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Chris please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!




9 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: [28 Jan 02:00pm GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie...thanks for the Fab 4 badge. It is appreciated. I am late with the new challenge but working on a digital photo project so have been swamped. Will try to get to it soon. Love all the colors! Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You choose my color palette! I love working with these colors!!
    Some wonderful art here!!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise to see my name on the Fab 4 list! Thank you so very much for selecting my creations :) You girls always offer such wonderful artsy works of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for making me cup winner - I was so surprised and pleased - sorry I didn't get back to you before but was otherwise occupied yesterday. I will send you my address by email.
    Thanks again
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister's garden is beautiful, wish I had a green thumb, but alas, only with paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanted to do something a bit different - not flowers - so it's taken a while. Find it on my blog via Mister Linky. Thank you for pushing me hard this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just posted this weeks entry challenge 14 on my blog, I am sorry but the colours are not very true on my photos the top and bottom 2 fragments are genuinely dark green.
    Congratulations to Chris on winning last weeks challenge it is stunning. Congratulations to the Fab 4.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab challenge...I started to make mine, all the right colours..and then went a bit bonkers and now it looks nothing like it should...it is missing orange...would you accept gold instead I wonder ROFL?? Hels x

    ReplyDelete