Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC22



 The Play Date Cafe welcomes YOU!

If you are new to our challenge, you are going to have
lots of fun playing along with us.
 Sign on as a follower,
Take the 'I Play...' badge for your blog
and HAVE FUN!
You'll find the information you need to play over on our sidebar.

If you have been a long-time guest in The Cafe,
you'll want to stock up on all the mochas, lattes
and caffeine you can because we have so many fun things
coming beginning in April.

NEW SPONSORS...CELEBRITY GUESTS
and SO much more
DON'T MISS A WEEK WITH US!

A huge thanks goes out to our
March Guest Designer 
Jean Franks Beck of Bluebird Paperie
Our design team have loved borrowing her for the past
two weeks and look forward to her returning again soon.


Have you ever looked at a color combo and asked,
"how will I make those colors work?"
Well, here's what our challenge creator Julie Ranae does
when she asks herself that same question...

"The first thing I do when I begin a color challenge is grab
cardstock in the closest colors possible.  I may not end up using
those particular pieces, but it gives me a starting point.
From there, I will go through my designer papers to see if any
graphics on those might stand out to help with a theme.
Then it's onto my stamps and embellishments.
If I take this 'track' with each color challenge, it helps me to
really focus and the ideas tend to flow."


Now...meet Stephanie Kraft
Your host for this week's challenge.


"I was introduced to stamping shortly after my daughter 
was born (about 6 years ago), but at the time I was more interested in 
scrapbooking. I stamped and made cards on occasion, but it wasn't until a 
couple of years ago that I became passionate about stamping. 
I created a blog in Sept 08, started participating in challenges 
and began stamping more frequently. 
Now, barely a day goes by without me getting inky! 
Stamping has brought out a creative side in me that I thought didn't exist. 
As much as I enjoy the creative process, I especially love giving
handmade cards and gifts to friends and family."


Here's what our other designers have done to inspire you.....


Sarah ~ The Art of Moodling


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design

  
Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot 


 'Private Blend' Designer  
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland 


Jean Franks Beck ~ Bluebird Paperie
Guest Designer for March



The prize for this week is a Designer Paper Grab Bag
Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge be OUR focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT




The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #21:
(in alphabetical order)

Andrea M ~ Work in Progress
  Cathy ~ Papier Girl
Julie Day ~ J. Day Designs
Melissa Bove ~ Creating From the Heart

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )

 
and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...



Michele ~ Miche's Niche


Michele wins a Designer Paper grab bag and can proudly display
the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.


Miche will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Miche please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

18 comments:

  1. Oops, the 1st link is wrong, sorry!
    Love the examples and the colors.
    As always, I had fun!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing samples, ladies! Really gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for choosing me as the winner - a lovely surprise to wake up to! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners!!!
    Fun challenge again this week and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners! Thanks for picking my card as the "cream in our cup" list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, congrats to the winners and your samples for this week are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Michele and the other winners! Beautiful work ladies :) Thanks for the recognition!!! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tons of great work this week! Beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colour combinations this week
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to this weeks winners! Beautiful inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't quite know how I was going to get the traveling aspect in, but since my friends Dad is on a plane here as we speak, this kind of fits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just link my card on Mr.linky thanks for this amazing challenge I love the colors for this week and the DT work is beautiful and inspiring ;)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had fun with your color challange. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope I made the deadline! I just posted and the color combo this week definately challenged me. Thanks for the inspiration design team!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMY! This really was a super challenge for me.. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY, i finally got to join in again.. dont know where the time flies away to some weeks!
    Love the colours and the DT display is awsome x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late, but i still had fun with the colors!

    ReplyDelete